me and brent are just finishing a french toast breakfast in clatskanie, oregon. we'll be in astoria in four hours or so. not a whole lot has been going on--stayed in a camp ground in the town. had a family sized can of chili last night with some shredded cheese and sun chips and oregon beer.
two nights ago we stayed outside of the town of st. helen--we scrambled to find a place to camp outside of town with about thirty minutes of daylight left and found one just across the highway and up a hill. at the top of the hill we could look down into a quarry, probably 700 or a 1000 feet deep. going a bit further we passed a sign that said MASONIC CEMETARY. I told brent I was scared; he laughed and we camped there. that night men came by with flashlights and a truck, shined their lights at brent's hammock, and moved on. I half dreamt they were police coming to get us or to save us from bears. either way, they went up into the cemetary (sometime around 10 PM that night) then came down a bit later. we went up there the next morning and were blown away by how beautiful it was. there were graves up there from 1850.
I'll post pictures real quick. some are just various streets around the hostel in portland (so you can see what the town looks like) and the rest are travel/cemetary pictures.
1 comment:
This is like reading "On The Road" with paragraph breaks...keep posting, I need a daily fix
Post a Comment